Ergatta Lite Rail Replacement
This article will provide the steps required to replace the rails on your Ergatta Lite.
Note: In the event both rails need to be replaced, follow this procedure through for one rail, then replace the second rail.
- First, remove the dolly wheel assembly from the rail using the 5mm Allen Key. Place the wheel, washers, and corresponding bolt aside.
- Loosen all 6 joint connector nuts/bolts (JCNs/JCBs) connecting the rail to the forward riser, footboard, and rear spacer using the 5mm Allen key.
- By placing your thumbs on the bottom of the seat, and your finger along the inside of the rail, gently push the rail away from the seat, allowing you to lift the seat off of the rails. Place the seat aside.
- Completely remove the JCBs/JCNs attaching the rail to the rear spacer and the footboard bracket.
- When removing the final JCBs/JCNs connecting the rail to the forward bracket the tank will tilt forwards. Before removing these, place a towel or other soft surface under the tank to prevent any scratches. Remove the rail and set it aside, then gently allow the tank to rest on the ground.
- Take your replacement rail and align it with the rear spacer, then with the forward riser bracket allowing the tank to rest on the rails again.
- Re-fasten the tank to the rails with the JCBs/JCNs in the following order, without fully tightening at this stage: forward riser bracket, footboard bracket, rear spacer.
- Place the seat back onto the black extrusion on the rails, close to the rear spacer end. Gently push the rails apart allowing the guide wheels of the seat to lock into place beneath the black extrusion. Verify that the seat can move along the rails and cannot be lifted off.
- Fully tighten all the JCNs/JCBs along the rails.
- Lastly, re-attach the dolly wheel to the rails.