Rower Sensor Replacement
This article will provide the steps required to replace the sensor on your Ergatta rower. In addition to the below instructions, the following video may be referenced for further guidance:
- Remove the top deck joint connector bolts (JCB's) and the upper tie rods from the back of the forward riser. Note, a barrel nut will fall from beneath the top deck as the tie rods are loosened. Place the JCB's, tie rods, and barrel nuts in a safe location.
- Take the rower handle and place it through the mounting arm, allowing it to rest on the floor.
- Using a gentle rocking motion, remove the top deck from the rower. In the event the pulleys become stuck to the top deck, this guide may be followed to re-assemble properly.
- Place the top deck bottom side facing upward onto the tank assembly. Note, the top deck will still be attached to the rower via the sensor wire.
- Disconnect the sensor wire from the sensor.
- Using a Phillips head screwdriver, remove the screws fastening the sensor to the top deck, then remove the sensor.
- Place the new sensor into the top deck, then re-fasten using the screws removed in the previous step.
- Re-attach the sensor wire to the sensor. Ensure the wire is facing direction as show below, with the red wire on the left when viewing the top deck from the below orientation.
- Place the top deck back onto the rower, aligning the holes in the top deck with the pulleys. The plastic H-bracket may be bent slightly to align properly. Once the top deck is fully aligned, press down to ensure it is fully seated on the rower.
- Re-insert the barrel nuts and tie rods into the rower, then re-tighten. Ensure the hole in the barrel nut is aligned with the tie rod. If needed, a flat head screwdriver may be used to prevent the barrel nut from rotating.
- Re-install the top deck JCB's.
Please reach out to us if you have any additional questions, and include your rower’s serial number as well as your shipping address.
- Members in the US & Canada
- Members in the UK
- Members in Germany