Fill Or Empty Your Water Tank
For instructions on how to fill or empty the Ergatta water tank, please reference the video or instructions below. Note, the steps to empty your tank are the same as filling it - just alternate the ends of the siphon in your tank and water container.
Note: The pictures/video below display the Ergatta rower - the same process should be followed for the Ergatta Lite. Both rowers should be filled to the level 17 mark.
If you're noticing your water turning green and/or murky, we recommend trying to add a purification tablet to your tank before replacing the water. Instructions for this are available HERE.
- If you are filling your tank, first fill a separate container with approximately 4.5 gallons of either tap or distilled water. Well water should not be used. If needed, a smaller container can be used and refilled/emptied throughout the process. If you are emptying your tank, get a container ready to transfer the water to.
- Remove the tank stopper located on the bottom deck to gain access to the tank.
- Insert one end of your siphon into the tank assembly, and the other into the container.
- If you are filling your tank, insert the straight end into your filled water container, and the flexible end into the tank. If possible, place your water container above the tank assembly.
- If you are emptying your tank, insert the straight end into your tank and the flexible end into your empty water container. If possible, place your water container below the tank assembly.
- Continuously squeeze the hand siphon to transfer the water.
- If filling your tank, stop once the water has reached the level 17 marker, located on the side of your tank.
- Once your tank has been filled/emptied, replace the tank stopper back into the bottom deck to seal the tank.
Please reach out to us if you have any additional questions, and include your rower’s serial number as well as your shipping address.