Tightening the Key Bracket Bolts
Tightening the key bracket bolts in not part of the regular recommended maintenance for the Ergatta rower, however, if your rower is making noises not alleviated by the standard troubleshooting steps this process should be followed.
- Lift the rower handle and allow it to rest against the forward risers.
- Remove the handle rest and handle rest bolts from the top deck using the 5mm Allen keys provided with your rower.
- Loosen the two top deck joint connector bolts approximately two rotations. They do not need to be fully removed from rower.
- Using the 5mm Allen Keys provided with your rower, remove the top pair of joint connector nuts and bolts from each side of the footboard bracket, then lift the seat into a standing position.
- Using either the standard 5mm Allen Key, or another tool provided to you, ensure both front Key Bracket bolts are fully tightened. The rear bolts do not need to be adjusted.
- Lower the footboard back down against the key brackets then re-install the handle rests/handle rest bolts.
- Re-install the joint connector bolts/nuts removed from the footboard.
- Lastly, re-tighten the top deck joint connector bolts, and replace the rowers handle back onto the handle rests.
Please reach out to us if you have any additional questions, and include your rower’s serial number as well as your shipping address.