Replacing the Rear Spacer
This article will provide instructions for replacing the Rear Spacer and attached bungee cord on your Ergatta rower.
- Lift your rower into the standing position, then disconnect the bungee from the recoil strap.
- Lower the rower, then slide the seat all the way forward towards the footboard.
- Remove all four (4) Joint Connector Bolts (JCB's) fastening the rear spacer to the rails. Place the JCBs in a safe location.
- Spread the rails apart as needed, then remove the rear spacer.
- Insert the new rear spacer between the rails, aligning the bolts with the holes on the rails.
If needed, loosen the four (4) JCBs connecting the footboard to the rails 1-2 rotations, allowing you to spread the rails apart further.
- Place all four JCB's back onto the rear spacer, leaving them hand tight.
- Fully tighten the rear spacer JCB's, and footboard JCB's as applicable.
Please reach out to us if you have any additional questions, and include your rower’s serial number as well as your shipping address.